For best results move the entire PixelSquid object folder into your target image. The PixelSquid PSD file contains a number of elements that should remain perfectly aligned in order to function correctly. Selection Areas layers in particular must remain aligned with the subject below, so that selections made with them will always correspond to the appropriate area of the subject.
To make the transfer of PixelSquid elements into a new image as simple as possible we've collected all of the elements into the PixelSquid object folder. Moving this folder to your target image can be done a couple of ways:
- Drag-and-drop the PixelSquid object folder into the target PSD
- Right-click the PixelSquid object folder
- Choose Duplicate Group
- Use the Destination section of the Duplicate Group dialog to indicate where you would like the PixelSquid object folder to go
Insert via the PixelSquid Plugin
- Make sure you have the PixelSquid Plugin installed
- On the PixelSquid site, add the object you wish to place to your library by clicking the “Add to Photoshop” button
- Click on the object in the PixelSquid Plugin panel to place it above the selected layer
- You can either leave the object as a rotatable Smart Object in either low- or high-res, or download the full set of PixelSquid PSD layers.
IMPORTANT: A note about bit-depth: PixelSquid objects are native 16-bit to give designers maximum fidelity and flexibility when working with color. If you wish to retain this feature you must convert your target document to 16-bit prior to moving the PixelSquid object folder into it. This is done by selecting Image→Mode→16 Bits/Channel prior to adding the PixelSquid object folder.